Friday, May 29, 2009

Stuff...

I received our employee newsletter yesterday in the mail and apparently I have done something worthy of being recognized.

Some highlights:
Great example of American exceptionalism
Exemplify the American can-do attitude
Demonstrates how we Americans are masters of our own lives
Worthy of emmulation

Yup, that's me...100%.

Last week when I went to the bathroom, there was a postcard of a very hot, half-naked man taped to my door. Someone had found it in a paper bin and decided I might enjoy it. I wasn't offended by it and it actually made me laugh. When my boss saw it, he asked for me to give it to him. I told him I wanted to take it home with me but he insisted I give it to him. I just figured maybe he wanted to take it home with him. Turns out he wanted to keep it to show the guys that it was considered sexual harassment. So John stops by my office on his way out the door yesterday afternoon to say goodbye. He told me that bossman says he can't tell me he loves me anymore but he's allowed to say "have a lovely day." So now he says that everytime he sees me.

Most of the time the Spanish guy brings in comics and points to words and I explain what they are and what they mean. Or at least I try to. Yesterday he brought in People magazine and had it opened to a wedding picture of Spencer and Heidi from "The Hills". He was pointing at Heidi and I was looking at him really strangely wondering why he wanted to know about those two. I tell him it's Heidi and he then returns my strange look. He points again and I try to explain that they are on a tv show. I even sound out her name, Hei-di. He then takes his finger and draws an imaginary X over her head and stabs his finger at her body. I then finally realize he's asking what the dress she's wearing is called. Wedding Gown. Whoops. That's why Jeannette calls me Genius.

An employee was fired/quit because he can't take the heat. He told us that he couldn't come in to work the past couple of days because he got too hot on Wednesday. It hasn't even reached 90 yet and that's when things really get bad out in the plant. So he's gone. Which means I get to start the hiring insanity to replace him. I'm sure a couple of good stories will stem from that. I didn't have it in me today so I'm waiting for Monday.

Last night, Howard had his first soccer game of the season. They won 14-1 so I would say it was a success. They only had 1 sub for this game and Howard and two other guys pretty much rotated being on the break. Next week there won't be any subs because a couple guys can't make it so it should be interesting to see how that goes. It was funny to watch how everyone went from being energetic and lively at the beginning of the game to completely lethargic and uncaring by the end. But what can I really say about that, I was standing on the sidelines the whole time.

I have no idea what's in store for this weekend. We went out last night after the game to our favorite bar to celebrate a little and get to know the rest of his soccer team. I didn't realize until we got there that it was karaoke night. Everyone and their mother was there. It ended up being a fantastic time though I'm paying for it today due to the lack of sleep. I guess it's time to realize I'm no longer 22 at least not on a Thursday night anway...

No comments:

Post a Comment