Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving at Work

Since I am not making it home for Thanksgiving this year, we decided to do Thanksgiving dinner here at work.  My boss deep-fried two turkeys and grilled a glazed ham.  I was in charge of sides.  Because I am lazy and probably the worst cook on the planet, I took the easy route. 

Stuffing?  Sure.  I can handle that.



Green Bean Casserole?  Two cans of green beans, a can of Cream of Mushroom, some fried onions and milk.  Done.



Cranberry Sauce?  Easy as 1...2...3.




Then yesterday my boss tells me John and Hot Rod want Macaroni & Cheese.  I decided to go to Walmart this morning and pick some up from the deli section.  Except they didn't have any.  Hmm...OH!  I know! 

Macaroni & Cheese





I picked up three of those babies and a serving dish and while no one was looking, microwaved them all and poured them into the dish.  Voila!  Homemade Mac & Cheese.  I also picked up some rolls and two pies.  Once it was all ready and I had finished carving the turkeys, I loaded up my plate and went back to my desk.  A little while ago, I went back into the break room for some more soda and I received a standing ovation for my "hard" work.  If they only knew...

No comments:

Post a Comment