Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Droid & Unsweetined

I love coming home to find packages addressed to me.  Howard's mom sends him random stuff all the time so I get especially excited when the packages have my name on it.  So what if I ordered something off the Internet and have it delivered to myself?  A package is a package.  So yesterday when I got home from work I found the following...


THE DROID!  I am finally cool.  I've wanted an IPhone for a long time but was waiting for Verizon to come out with something similar so I wouldn't have to pay the early termination fees.  When I saw this came out on Friday, I went ahead and bought it for myself.  I literally saw that my friend Richie from high school and GMU had gotten it when he posted a status update on FB.  Richie was always technically savvy so I just assumed he had done a ton of research.  Later I wrote him and lucky for me, he hasn't changed.  Howard's co-worker also is very into phone technology and told Howard, "It's BADASS!!!!!!" 



When I saw this was coming out, I knew I was going to buy it.  I started it last night and though it's written in a style more like I write my blogs, I still had trouble putting it down.  I was already in bed when I read something I hadn't known.  I came running out into the living room to tell Howard.  He was on the phone with his brother.

Me:  Howard!  Howard!  Breaking news!!
Howard:  Hold on Dave, Dana thinks she has breaking news.
Me:  Did you know "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette was written about Uncle Joey?!?!?!
Howard:  Really?
Me:  Yeah!!  Ranger Joe and Alanis were dating back then!
Howard:  Hmm, tell Dave.
Me:  Dave!!  Did you know "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette was written about Uncle Joey from Full House?
Dave:  Um, yeah, I told you that like 3 years ago.
Me:  Impossible!  I would TOTALLY remember something like that.

Eh.  It was re-breaking news to me then.  I definitely won't forget this time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment