Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Subway Etiquette

Upon completion of crossing off "bringing my lunch to work for 2 straight weeks" from my list, I decided to treat myself to Subway today.  As I was pulling into my parking space, a woman pulled in next to me.  She looked over at me as I was opening my car door and then proceeded to slam her car into park, hurriedly get out of her car and then she all but hopped the railing to get to the door before me.  I was right behind her so I thought maybe she would hold the door for me, but no, she just let it swing back into my face.

At this point, I am thinking she's just in a super rush to get her lunch and hightail it back to work.  She gets to the counter and tells the lady she wants a footlong Buffalo Chicken which the lady makes and then the lady turns to me and asks my order.  And this is when the woman states she needs 5 more footlongs.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Did you really just race to beat me into line so you could keep me from ordering my itty bitty ham sammy

So it's obvious this woman was crowned the Subway bitch at work which has happened to me numerous times.  But I am smart enough to know that I cannot remember each particular order for Tom, Dick and Harry.  SO I WRITE THEM DOWN.  But not this woman.  She starts blabbering on about how she can't remember if Joe Bob wanted Chicken Teriyaki or Chicken Breast or blah, blah, blah.  So she breaks out her cell phone right there in line and proceeds to call her work to verify the orders.  ARE YOU SERIOUS? 

Ugh.

I really just had to get that off my chest.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment