Friday, July 17, 2009

So Amy has Something to Read!

Last night, Howard's soccer team had their rematch against the green team that they lost to about a month ago (their only lost to date). It was scheduled on Monday through an email so we weren't even sure everyone knew about it and would show up. Two members of his team weren't there but they at least had enough players to play, just without any subs. The guy, Jon, who invited Howard to be on the team moved to St. Louis last week but came back to play in the game. They ended up losing again 5-3 but I thought it was a great game, much better than last time even though they lost 3-2 then.

After the game, Jon wanted to grab a drink so we went over to the bar. It was karaoke night and Howard and I were planning on leaving before it started. They called the first name and I glanced over and saw an older man get up from a booth. I wasn't interested in watching him sing so I turned away. They started playing "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash but the voice I heard was that of a young child. I turned towards the stage and saw what may be the cutest kid (besides my nieces of course) in the world. He was about 7-8 years old with blonde, shaggy hair sticking out from a slightly sideways ball cap. He had on a screen print tee with baggy jeans with holes in the knees and vans. His older sisters must be dressing him. He seemed so comfortable up on the stage and was tapping his foot along with the rhythm while he had one thumb in his jeans pocket. Too freakin cute. We stayed a little longer after that and I'm so glad we did. The DJ started playing "Soldier Boy" and I saw the crowd all turning towards the door. This little kid and his sister who was probably 9 or 10 started doing the dance. I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE this song but the two of them doing the dance together in sync was adorable. I got some of it on video but for some reason I can't post it and I don't know why and it's making me very sad :(

The reason Jon moved to St. Louis was for some job. I don't know what it is but for some reason he had about $1200 worth of nuts in his car yesterday that he couldn't wait to get rid of. So guess what that means. MORE NUTS! He gave us two plastic barrels of pistachios and a huge box full of bags of different kids of flavored almonds, pistachios and cashews. I never want to see another nut again. Ever.

It dawned on me today that I hadn't paid my car payment yet. It was due yesterday. I'm a day late. I've never paid a bill late in my life. I'm traumatized over this. They didn't charge me a late fee or anything but it's the principle of the matter. So now I'm thinking about making it a recurring theme. I think I'll pay the electric a day late too. I'm living life on the wildside now!

The weekend is supposed to be in the mid-70's which will be the coolest weather we've had in
months. I'm sure we will have a lot of fun doing outdoorsy stuff like golfing or boating. But I'm most excited about visiting the Apple Valley Hillbilly Gardens and Toyland tomorrow! Apple Valley is a historical store, Gulf station and diner from the 1930's. It has many old items from that time period. Including some very eclectic art forms. Here is a pic of a "Tree Man" just to give you a sneak peek (Thanks Amy and Heather!). I'm sure I'm going to be taking tons of pictures.

Howard drives by this place everyday on his way to work. We never knew what it was until I finally decided to look it up and then found out that they give tours. I was telling my mom about it yesterday and I had her online looking at pictures while I was on the phone. This place also has a "Toyland" that has over 3,000 toys from all time periods. My mom was gawking at the toys and then says to me, "I want to come visit you out there so I can see this place!" Realizing what she had just said, she quickly added, "Oh, I mean to see you AND see this place." She also told me that I should try and buy some of the toys she wants and if that doesn't work, I shouldn't be opposed to stealing them. I'm sure she was just joking...right, Mom? I was telling Howard this story last night and his response was, "SWEET! I thought we were going to have to have a kid to get her to come visit us!" HA!

Have a great weekend :) I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. have a fun weekend! And girl that is WAY too many nuts - I'm sick of them just reading about how many you have now!! It's sweet Howard is excited that your mom might come visit :)

    ReplyDelete