Thursday, January 7, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Being an only child sometimes has its perks.  Wait...I'm not an only child.  But it sure feels like it when I'm the only one that can make it home for Christmas Day with my parents!  Seems like Christmas revolves around ME!  Really though, I would give that all up if my brother and sister and their families could make it to Christmas.  I know Christmas would then revolve around the little kiddies but I would be just fine with that.

Anyhow, I had a fabulous Christmas and thought I would highlight some of my favorite gifts.


This was my biggest surprise.  I had mentioned to my mom in August that I could use a new camera but told her not to get one because I might get one for my birthday in September.  I didn't but I forgot to tell her otherwise.  A week before Christmas she told me she was alllll done shopping and that's when I mention the camera.  Whoops.  So I was mighty surprised to open this gift.  Thanks Mom (& Dad)!

So obviously it would have been nice had I used said camera to take actual pictures of my gifts but yeah, it's not gonna happen.  If I waited until I got home from work to take the pictures, then I would never get around to posting this blog.  You have to be in a blogging mood and when I get home, it's the last thing on my mind.  So Google Images it is.




This was also a surprise.  I hadn't asked for boots but I needed them.  And they have come in SOOO handy over the past week since temps have been down in the teens and walking the dogs at night is NOOO fun.  Slip these babies on and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Well, along with a hat, scarves and gloves that is.







I am a sucker for new cookbooks.  Nicole gave me the Betty Crocker book at our Secret Santa party and I've already marked all the recipes I can't wait to try.  My parents gave me the Pioneer Woman one.  I love it because every recipe is mapped out with pictures.  Step by step.  You just can't go wrong.  Unless you are me.  Then you will find a way to screw it up. 




I have been obsessing over these coasters I found on Etsy for some time now.  Rachel knew this.  And she got them for me so I could stop obsessing.  It didn't work though.  Because now I just obsess over them in person while they sit on my coffee table.  Yes, I admit it, I obsess over coasters.  Thanks Biffles!



Amanda came over on Christmas Eve to play some Trivial Pursuit on the Wii with Matt, Howard and I.  She brought me this shower cap because of my love for hippos.  Too cute!  I love when my friends buy me cute, little gifts just to make me smile.  This one definitely did :)  Especially when Howard put it on.

I also got a mountain of kitchen stuff which I have yet to put to good use because I have no room in my 2x4 square the apartment complex tries to call a kitchen.  And because I am at work and not at home staring at all my fun goodies, my mind is completely blanking on everything else. 


1 comment:

  1. You're welcome! I instantly thought of your hippo loving self when I saw it :)

    ReplyDelete