Thursday, December 3, 2009

100th Post!

I cannot believe this is my 100th post.  Crazy!





Last night Howard was cleaning up the kitchen and throwing away some stuff out of the fridge.  He came into the living room and told me that he was putting the trash can up on the counter for the night so Copper wouldn't get into it. 

D:  Why don't you just take it out to the dumpster then?
H:  Because it's only 1/3 full.  That would be a waste of a trash bag.
D:  Well then find some more trash and fill it up.
H:  OK.  Come here Ratty (scoops up Jack and heads back to the kitchen).

I couldn't stop laughing.

***

I was running late for work Monday morning and I still needed to get gas.  I pulled into the gas station and hopped out of my car.  Before I could get to the pump, a little old lady at the pump next to me calls out, "Dearie!  Could you please come here for a moment?"  I had no time for small talk but I hurriedly walked over to her anyway.  It was then she asked me to pump her gas for her.  Really?  But of course, I couldn't turn her down.  I asked her what octane she wanted and she looked at me like I was speaking Greek.  She told me she wanted the cheap stuff and only $10 worth.  After I finished pumping her gas she asked how I did it.  Really?  Why not ask me while I was doing it.  She said she had never pumped gas in her entire life.  How is that even possible?  Probably because nice people like myself always do it for her.  She handed me $10 and got in her car and drove off.  No, that wasn't a tip.  It was for her gas.  I had to go inside and pay for her too.  But at least I did my good deed for the day.

***

A truck driver walked into my office this morning with some paperwork on some material she was delivering.  The truck driver was a woman.  Not that unusual.  However, she was wearing a frilly, blue, silk gown.  A truck driver.  Wearing a blue gown.  No joke, it looked just like this.



And I thought I had seen it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment