Monday, August 10, 2009

Definition of a Hypocrite

Our 18 yr. old neighbor, Carly knocked on our door Saturday night at about 11 pm. She wanted to know if we knew anything about securing our wireless internet since ours was blocked. Howard and I both shrugged. I didn't have a clue. She went on to tell us about the issues she was having with Katie, the girl who lives below her. Katie thinks Carly and her roommates make too much noise and keep her 6 month old child awake at night. Carly lives with her boyfriend, brother, another guy and her brother's two kids who are 3 and 4...in a 2 bedroom apartment. I can't seem to make the math work but somehow they do. They are loud. Like really loud. Katie and Carly now work together at a summer camp. One day while outside on a smoke break, Katie asks Carly about the noise level. She asks her to please keep it down after 10 pm as it specifically states in the lease. This angers poor Carly. Carly knows that Katie has been using her wireless internet connection because Katie told her she was. So Carly decides to get even and secure her connection because "it's not right that she's stealing from me! Blah Blah Blah" Throughout this whole long sob story, I am on the internet trying to find step by step directions on how to secure a wireless connection. I printed out a couple things for her but then it dawned on me. I asked her how she knew our wireless connection was secured.

"Oh, well I tried to steal it when we first moved in".

No comments:

Post a Comment