Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm a Fantasy Ninja!

Yesterday I was informed by my best friend, Ashley, that a surprise was on it's way for me.  I really think she was making up for forgetting my birthday altogether last year but that's cool because I'm all for surprises.  I came home to find a package from CafePress.com on my front porch.  Upon opening it, I found a sweatshirt.  But not just any sweatshirt.  The BEST.SWEATSHIRT.EVER.



Ashley knows a lot about me, almost everything.  She knows I love hoodies.  She knows I live and breathe fantasy football during football season.  She knows I'm messy and bought me a darker grey color to hide stains.  She even knows of my secret ninja skills.  Apparently what she doesn't know is that though I haven't seen her since Christmas, I haven't plumped up to a men's XL.  When I tried the sweatshirt on, it was down to my knees.  In her defense, she was just trying to make sure it was roomy since she also knows I like my hoodies that way.

Not willing to just hand this gift over to Howard, I decided to see what I could do about exchanging it for a smaller size.  I figured I'd have to pay shipping to send it back and possibly even to get a new one sent to me but it was worth it.  I mean, can you see the mini-ninja star in place of the "u" up there?

I found an online form on their website and simply filled out the form saying I would like to exchange the size from an XL to a Medium.  I received an automated response back in seconds with a tracking number for further correspondence and a message stating I would receive an email within 24 hours regarding my inquiry.  I wasn't feeling very optimistic. 

Less than 10 minutes later, I received the following email:

Dear Dana,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

I am sorry the item you received does not fit perfectly. I want you to be 100% satisfied with everything you purchase at CafePress.com. I am ordering you a replacement right away in the new size at no additional charge. You should receive the replacement by September 29th.

There is no need for a return! I do not want you to incur any additional shipping charges. Please keep the original as our way of saying thanks for shopping at CafePress.com.

If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.

Best Regards,


Crystal V.
CafePress.com Support Representative

I'm sorry.

WHAT?!

Talk about customer service.  I was beyond stunned. 

They just won themselves a new loyal customer.

You know what this means, right?  Howard and I going to look super dope in our matching football ninja sweatshirts.

Thanks Ashley!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Now THAT is customer service! How wonderful....just make sure the 2 of you don't wear them on the same day...wait until your old for stuff like that...then it looks CUTER :)

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete